[OpenLayers-Users] Forcing a redraw of a Vector Layer

Kris Geusebroek kgeusebroek at xebia.com
Tue Jul 7 03:16:50 EDT 2009

Hi Adrian,

Be careful with this in the Internet Explorer browser since it consumes
a lot of memory this way.
The removed dom elements are not really removed (at least not from
memory) and keep consuming memory until a full page refresh is done.

I have a somewhat workaroundish solution and can provide a patch for you
if you like

Cheers Kris