[OpenLayers-Users] Problem to send kml file to server, using OpenLayers.Request.POST

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jul 7 10:45:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 12:17:32PM +0200, Vidal, Antoni wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I read the documentation of use of requesting remote data, and I've followed the examples but I'm not able to send data from an input file field form to a php, and then get the response.
>

> My goal is let the user to upload a kml file from a form in a OL client, and then read the file and render it in the same OL.

There is no way, in Javascript, to access the value of a file-on-disk
from the browser. You will need to trigger an actual form submission (as
you know how to do). You may wish to trigger the form submission in a
hidden iframe, and then read the response from that iframe , which would
allow your server to receive the file without a page reload.

-- Chris

> My code:
>

> function ImportVectorData(){
>
>                 //document.importkmlform.submit(); THIS WORKS
>

>                 var request = OpenLayers.Request.POST({
>
>                 url: "/php/putKML.php",
>
>                 data: document.importkmlform.datafile.value,
>
>                 headers: {
>
>         "Content-Type": "multipart/form-data"
>
>                 },
>
>     callback: handler