[OpenLayers-Users] Customize controls

Frank Broniewski brfr at metrico.lu
Wed Jul 8 03:17:02 EDT 2009

Hi list

I am currently trying to modify the control PanZoomBar(). My whish is to
remove the pan panel but to keep the slider. Unfortunately there is no
separate control for the slider itself (OpenLayers.Control.ZoomBar), though it
is sometimes mentioned in the class docs. I tried to follow the instructions
on http://docs.openlayers.org/library/controls.html, but honestly this doesn't
help me much. I am probably just to stupid to transfer the editing toolbar
example to the PanZoomBar. The first example in
http://docs.openlayers.org/library/controls.html is somewhat tricky as the two
controls in navtoolbar have its own div and css class which is not the case
for PanZoomBar.

I see that there is a css class for the panzoombar panel and I can control
position and things like that, but the controls inside panzoombar panel don't
have a css class attached (firebug tells me so), so I don't know how to modify
them through css at all as the ids keep changing.

I want to create a very different looking zoom slider and right now my best
bet is to override the draw method in OpenLayers.Control.PanZoomBar to get my
desired layout.

Is it possible to remove the pan panel through means of css and style the
slider? Or is it necessary to override the draw method in order to achieve
that?

many thanks

Frank
--