[OpenLayers-Users] blueprints & vectors to openlayers

fuhrysteve fuhrysteve at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 11:27:36 EDT 2009

Thanks for the help Nizzok!

Yes, i believe I mean features.. and all I really want is one vector layer
with a bunch of squares on top of the raster image -- we only have 2D data
on the shelves, so no need for all the super complex stuff..

Let me try to be a little more clear: All I want is the raster layer (a
blueprint type image of the warehouse), and elements on top of it that i can
interact with onhover or onclick or whatever (like in this example:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/boxes-vector.html )

I feel like it shouldn't be too performance intensive with 100 or so of
those boxes (like in the example), but if it is, I suppose I could figure
out how to disable the vector layer unless you are zoomed in to a certain
level or something..

Also, is it feasible to do this without having to use mapserver, and just
use the TMS stuff that gdal2tiles makes?