[OpenLayers-Users] Question on the TYPE_BUTTON Control

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Thu Jul 9 15:53:14 EDT 2009

I'm using  a couple of buttons on a control panel to open and display
dialog forms. I just need a pushbutton control to do this as it's a
one-time action event --push the button and display the form to Create,
Review, Update or Delete data i.e. I need a classic CRUD interface for a
couple of tables.

Anyway, when the tool type is set to TYPE_BUTTON, the button doesn't
push in and out like I was expecting. Otherwise things work fine. The
form comes up and does the right things. So am I missing something about
the button control to get it to use two icons like the TYPE_TOGGLE and
TYPE_TOOL controls or is this single button icon behavior a WAD (Works
As Designed) to keep the tool simple?

Thx,
- Bill Thoen