[OpenLayers-Users] Vector layer popup doesn't close after layer refresh

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Mon Jul 13 09:43:50 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I'd like your help with a javascript problem.
I want to draw markers from a script that generates KML output and I
have follows the sundials example:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/sundials-spherical-mercator.html
However, if I want to refresh the KML layer and I have an open popup,
the popup div will no longer close after the layer refresh. You can see
this problem for yourselves in the above example, by clicking on a
sundial and then issuing the command (in firebug):
map.layers[2].refresh({force:true});
This will cause the browser to re-get the KML data for the layer - and
the open popup will no longer respond to commands.

My question is - how can I close the popup and re-open it after refresh?
I understand that I will need to write some code for that to work - but
I would like to know if I can send click events so that the usual
functions will do what they need to do. Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Adrian