[OpenLayers-Users] Problem calling layer from WMS

Camilo Vargas cavargasru at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 18:01:11 EDT 2009

Hello;

I'm trying to acces a WMS which doesn't support format: image/jpeg with the
followin javascript

var map;

            function init(){
                map = new OpenLayers.Map('map');
                var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Map", "http://server/?",
{
                    layers: "OLA_Color",
                    format: "image/png"

                });

                map.addLayer(wms);
                map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.MousePosition());

                map.setCenter(new OpenLayers.LonLat(0, 0), 2);

            }

I'm obtaining the pink tiles, so I check the url generated by OpenLayers for
one of the tiles and this is the url:

http://server/?LAYERS=OLA_Color&FORMAT=image%2Fpng&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&SRS=EPSG%3A4326&BBOX=-90,0,0,90&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

When I tried this in a browser (IE and Mozilla Firefox) the server give me
an error related with the format which i'm asking for. So I change the url
in the browser for this one:

http://server/?LAYERS=OLA_Color&FORMAT=image/png&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-90,-90,0,0&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

And I got the image. Basically, from this I concluded that the problem is
with the "%2F" generated by openlayers instead of the "/" and the same with
the "%3A" instead of ":".

Someone knows how I can deal with this problem?

Thank you for your help....

Camilo V.