[OpenLayers-Users] Default 'delete' style

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Jul 21 09:11:05 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Alexandre Dube<adube at mapgears.com> wrote:
>  I see that the defaultStyle of the delete renderIntent is
> display:none.  Is there a reason for this ?  I find it strange that
> 'features that are about to be deleted' become invisible.

Some users might as well find it strange if deleted features stay on
the screen. The idea here was to remove features from the map that
will be deleted with the next delete operation of a protocol. I guess
this is a question of taste and / or user interface design, and since
most application developers will define their own StyleMap, adding a
"delete" renderIntent will probably be part of that. We needed a
default style for that, and invisible seemed to be the most logical
one.

Andreas.

> Thanks,
>
> --