[OpenLayers-Users] Mouse Wheel Zoom Problem on Layer Switching with EditingToolbar

fuhrysteve fuhrysteve at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 11:23:49 EDT 2009

Dynamically switching which layer the EditingToolbar controls produces crazy
mouse-wheel-zoom problems. Zooming in/out one 'click' is normal, zooming
in/out one click a 2nd time will double how far the zoom goes, a 3rd time
will triple.. etc.

This sample code (i have a similar function for each raster layer) below
will reproduce the problem. The bug is gone when I remove the last 4 lines
where I add and remove the EditingToolbar.

Does anyone have any clue how to fix this mouse problem? I would like to
keep this all on the same page and still be able to draw on whatever vector
layer I want.

var myRasterLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.TMS("My Raster Layer",
"/idMaps/evRack/", {
	serviceVersion: '.', layername: '.', alpha: true,
	type: 'png', getURL: overlay_getTileURL
});
myRasterLayer.events.register('loadstart', this, function() {
	vector1.setVisibility(false);
	vector2.setVisibility(false);
	vector3.setVisibility(true);
	map.removeControl(EditBar);
	EditBar = undefined;
	EditBar = new OpenLayers.Control.EditingToolbar(vector3);
	map.addControl(EditBar);
});