[OpenLayers-Users] autosizing popup containing image does not work in firefox

arno arno at renevier.net
Wed Jul 22 17:43:21 EDT 2009

Le Wednesday 22 July 2009, à 17:09:25PM -0400, Christopher a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:04:40PM +0200, arno wrote:
> > Le mercredi 22 juillet 2009, à 16:52:46 -0400, Christopher a écrit :
> >
> > > For me, what happens, in Safari and Firefox, is I click, a popup opens,
> > > an dit's too small. THe iamge loads, and when the image loadend event
> > > occurs, the popup resizes. the popup does not seem to want to make the
> > > map scroll (but I don't think the anchored popups do that) so it's still
> > > somewhat too small, but the image stays the same after it is oaded and
> > > when i click again.
> > >
> > > So, for me, this seems to work. Is this not the behavior you're seeing?
> >
> > No, this is not the behavior I'm seeing with an empty cache.
> >
> > I click, a popup opens, it's too small. The image load, and then popup *does
> > not* resize.
> >
> > Does anybody encounter that bug ?
>
> What version of Firefox?

I can see that bug with firefox 3.5 on linux and firefox 3.0.11 on windows.

> The code is line 669 of Popup.js, for the record.

yes,
I checked what happens in OpenLayers.Util.getRenderedDimensions (because
that's method report a wrong result), and made the smallest testcase
triggering the bug:
http://renevier.net/misc/ol_autosizeimg_2.html
If the bug is not triggered when loading the page, try to reload it by
pressing Ctrl-Shift-R simultaneously, or by pressing Shift and clicking reload
button simultaneously. If the bug still not shows, try to reload that way a 2
or 3 times.