[OpenLayers-Users] Problems implementing WFS

Maxime Phaneuf maxime.phaneuf at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Jul 27 16:09:05 EDT 2009

Hi guys

I've got the same problem as Hugo. My WFS layer would not appear on the map,
even though I've got a ok server response.

My layer looks like this:
     wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("France", {
                strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX(), saveStrategy],
                protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
					version:       "1.0.0",
					url:           "http://mydomain/cgi-bin/tinyows",
					featureType:   "france_dept",
					srsName:       "EPSG:24582",
					featurePrefix: "tows",
					//featureNS:     "http://mydomain",
					geometryName:  "the_geom",
					schema:
"http://mydomain/cgi-bin/tinyows?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&TypeName=france_dept",
				})
            });

Define like this, the layer will show up, but any modification can't be
saved. When I take off the comments of featureNS, it will not show up, so I
suppose it is an error caused by the namespace.

I've tried putting a breakline where you told but it doesn't even stop when
I reload the page.
What is the correct value to put for featureNS? Or do you see anything else
wrong with my layer definition?

Thank you
Maxime Phaneuf