[OpenLayers-Users] Error displaying map in IE8 - VML.js

soatley shawn at niagarafalls.ca
Mon Jul 27 18:13:09 EDT 2009

I have a feeling I am running into the same issue here.  I am using Revision
9492 and the problem I encounter is the Invalid Argument error when adding
vector layers to the map.

I have tried it on IE 7 (Win XP 32 bit) and IE 8 (Vista 64, in compatability
mode).  IE 8 on Vista not in compat. mode works fine.

It seems to be very similar to the issue with Ticket 1910 from what I can
tell....  Setting up an IE breakpoint on line 600 of OpenLayers.js it breaks
where the variables w and h are assigned because this.size.w is NaN.  If you
were to look at the VML.js file, it is in the area of line 154.

Does anyone have any new information or a way I can work around this?

Shawn