[OpenLayers-Users] legend symbols

André Mendonça andremalms at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 26 19:10:55 EDT 2009

Hi all!

Can Openlayers handle wms getlegend or getlegendgraphic to be updated with what exactly is present on the map? I mean to have an RULE parameter considering layers, extent and scale?

I can understand that it could make zoom and pan slower, and I don´t know if this should be a desirable openlayers feature, but in my opinion to have an interactive legend would be a real cartographic advance, since data understanding and comprehension would be enhanced.

I saw some ideas in sandbox, and some 2007 discussions about legend support. Do we have some news about it?

Thanks for helping!

Andre