[OpenLayers-Users] WMSGetFeatureInfo Format

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 3 15:21:02 EST 2009

Hi users,

  I'm having a hard time using the WMSGetFeatureInfo format.

  Instead of explaining, below's snippet (1).  Because I currently can't
have a response from my server since I have problems with HTTPS and
proxy, I load a xml (see attached) instead ( it's a msGMLOutput XML from
MapServer ).

  I get an empty features array.  Any clue what I'm doing wrong ?

(1) /*---------snippet---------*/
    showResult: function(response){
        var oFeatures;
        var oFormat = new OpenLayers.Format.WMSGetFeatureInfo();
        if(!response){
            var xmlDoc=document.implementation.createDocument("","",null);
            xmlDoc.async="false";
            xmlDoc.load("response.xml");
            oFeatures = oFormat.read_msGMLOutput(xmlDoc);
        } else {
            oFeatures = oFormat.read_msGMLOutput(response.responseXML ||
                                                 response.responseText);

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com