[OpenLayers-Users] Pending tile requests in IE

Joao Duarte joao.c.duarte at co.sapo.pt
Wed Mar 4 10:38:55 EST 2009

Hi list,

We have our OpenLayers application getting the tile images via WMS.

We found that in IE, after several zooms/drags some tile requests were still
pending, even that those images no longer existed in the map area. By
looking at the code of the destroy method in OpenLayers.Tile.Image, we found
that the src property of imgDiv wasn’t being set to null. We tried setting
the src property to null and the pending requests are now gone.

We think this only happens in IE since that we didn’t see this behavior on
other browsers.

Currently we have our own patch. Is this a know issue? A patch already
exists?

Regards,

João Duarte,

SAPO Maps –  <http://maps.sapo.pt> http://maps.sapo.pt