[OpenLayers-Users] GetLegendGraphic in div Object like layer switcher

Rahn Hanno (rahn) rahn at zhaw.ch
Wed Mar 4 10:41:17 EST 2009

Hello list,

Perhaps somebody can help me. I try to realise a legend with the getlegendgraphic Parameter.

I would send the Request and I then will get an image with the legend graphic with the categories and so on. If I try it in the Browser it works fine.

Now I will put this legendgraphic in an div Object. This div should be inside the mapwindow. The user can open and close this like the LayerSwitcher.

I have no idea how to realise it. It is possible in OpenLayers? I don't know how I can make this div object where I can put in the graphic. I don't want to have it outside the map and I don't want to use the umn mapservers legend Parameter.

Perhaps somebody works with the getlegendparameter and can give me some help.

I hope you understand what I try and my english is not too bad. :-)

Thank you a lot for your help.

Greetings

Hanno Rahn

Hanno Rahn, Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Geoinformatik

ZHAW Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen

Fachstelle Geoinformatik

Grüental, Postfach CH-8820 Wädenswil

Tel +41 (0)58 934 5592

Fax +41 (0)58 934 5580