[OpenLayers-Users] Transition fm GMaps to OL

Arnie Shore ashore3 at verizon.net
Sat Mar 7 11:45:13 EST 2009

Folks, hello, and I wonder if anyone can share experiences doing such a
transition.

Background:  I've written a free, Open Source application targeted to
the public safety community, notably ham radio groups who kick into gear
during emergency/crisis conditions.

But under these conditions, internet connectivity to Google may not
exist of course, so I'm planning a version of the app in which the tile
sets and API are resident at the server.  Hence my strong interest in OL.

I can't imagine I'm the only one here doing anything like that, so I'll
appreciate hearing re experience doing this, plus thoughts on the tile
sets available.  Thanks, all.

Arnold Shore
Annapolis, MD