[OpenLayers-Users] need Static image as map of small city with correct longitude and latitude

Pierre GIRAUD bluecarto at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:05:25 EDT 2009

Hi Nabin,

Perhaps you should have a look at the "Image" layer class.
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/Image-js.html

You can find an example here :
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/image-layer.html

If this is still not working, please come back with some code to show
us what you already did.

Regards,
Pierre

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:28 PM, nab <nabinrs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I had seen your posts and replies in this forum, which is impressive and
> helped me lot as well while using openlayer.
> Actaully i am new to openlayer and i am using static map image(jpg) of my
> city but i could not get correct long/lat value since i use map of very
> small city, i try to fix it through
> OpenLayers.Bounds(15.865164, 58.172783, 16.651403, 58.620233) and i set the
> centre long/lat as 0,0 which is not workin then i set them in to its real
> long/lat that is also not working.
> is there any method which i didn't understood to make static map of my city
> with long/lat value.
>
> The concept that i follow for Bounds and centre are:

>               |        image (lon,lat)         |
>
> i would be very thankful if you could help me.
>
> regards,
> nabin

Pierre GIRAUD
http://www.camptocamp.com