[OpenLayers-Users] proxyhost using window url parameters

albert valls avalls at ngeografics.com
Mon Mar 9 13:15:27 EDT 2009

hi list,

I've found this problem... when using the proxy for the ajax queries, the
proxy adds the window url parameters to the request. Let me explain with a
sample:

window.location.url: "http://server/index.jsp?param1=value1&param2=value2

then, when a query is retreived with a OpenLayers.ProxyHost defined, the
param1 and param2 are added. I can see something like:

http://server/proxy.jsp?url=http://otherserver/dataquery?....&param1=value1&param2=value2.

And taking a look at the code from Openlayers/Request.js I've found:

OpenLayers.Request = {

    /**
     * Constant: DEFAULT_CONFIG
     * {Object} Default configuration for all requests.
     */
    DEFAULT_CONFIG: {
        method: "GET",
        url: window.location.href, //<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I'm missing something or there's no way of disabling this behaviour???
Sometimes maybe good to forward the parameters, but I think that should be
the option to disable it.
Any comment? Should I open a new ticket for this?