[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with tiled map and zoom

Asle Benoni asle.benoni at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:39:25 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have a mapserver file that is only a small section of Norway. This map
shows up correctly when I call the map like this:
http://naturkart.no/cgi-bin/demo?map=/Library/WebServer/Documents/Naturkart/kulturminnekart/apps/demo/demowms.map&mode=map

But when I put the mapfile into Openlayers it zooms out to Norway overview
and is repeated 3 times.
I have tried different thing to get it to zoom in but without luck.

Here is the script I am using now:
   map = new OpenLayers.Map( 'map' );
    layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "Østfoldkart",
       "http://naturkart.no/cgi-bin/mapserv", {map:
'/Library/WebServer/Documents/Naturkart/kulturminnekart/apps/demo/demowms.map'}
);
    map.addLayer(layer);
    map.zoomToMaxExtent();

I tried to use "PARTIALS FALSE" but now really sure where to put it. Any
ideas?

/asle