[OpenLayers-Users] SelectFeature hover and clickout

Ken Sanderson ken at rockies.ca
Thu Mar 12 19:27:13 EDT 2009

I have been playing around with the sundial example to get the desired
functionality I am trying to achieve which is basically when I hover
'over' the marker with my mouse I get the title, when I click on the
marker I get the full description.

I saw in an older post that this was not possible, and indeed I havent
gotten it to work, as the hover selects the feature already and thus
clicking on it does not trigger the click function.

Is this still the case and if so, is there an easy way of doing this? My
thinking was I might have to read in the KML file and right a script
that will loop through the markers and add them one at a time, like is
done inthe popup matrix example. Could I then register a mouse event for
mouse over and down, would that work? Any suggestions appreciated.

My other semi related question, when you have a popup from a marker
symbol it seems confined to the edges of the map div, is there a way to
specify that it floats over top and can extend out past the boundary of
the div?

Thanks,

Ken

believed to be clean.