[OpenLayers-Users] sample points outside the map

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Mon Mar 16 05:24:50 EDT 2009

You can render vectors outside a map. If you are using ExtJS, or to
see how to do that, you may want to have a look at

http://projects.opengeo.org/styler/browser/trunk/lib/Styler/widgets/FeatureRenderer.js

This code is part of OpenGeo's styler application (see
http://styler.opengeo.org/trunk/).

Regards,
Andreas.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Garthan <lancelot at inetnebr.com> wrote:

> For vector points which may be styled for instance as colored stars or
> regular polygons I would like to be able to render well a side bar of
> buttons (a style selection legend) which correspond to a styleMap, do I need
> to create a second map for this purpose? Is there any easier way of doing
> this or am I making things too hard?

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/