[OpenLayers-Users] OverviewMap over dateline; dateline gap problem

Matthew Doyle M.Doyle at bom.gov.au
Thu Mar 19 01:07:07 EDT 2009

Hello to all,

I am currently implementing a mapping solution for the Pacific Islands which
extends over the dateline. At the moment i have run into two problems:

Firstly, I am having trouble getting the Overview map to behave like the
baselayer does. When i pan the map past the dateline, the overview map jumps
all the way over to the other side and does not wrap like the baselayer
does.

I have searched through this mailing list for a solution to no avail and
have tried brute force trial and error, but none seem to work thus far.

Secondly, I have a huge gap where the dateline is. I searched the user
groups and found http://n2.nabble.com/Huge-dateline-gap-td1837631.html which
suggests that a metaBuffer of "0,10" will fix these artifacts. Doest this
mean that the only way around this is to use TileCache?

I am using "EPSG:3349" mercator projection.
I am loading my WMS baselayer using wrapDateLine : true
I am also attempting to load my OverviewMap layer with wrapDateLine : true.
with the code looking something like:

	var overviewLayers = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS('Overview',
OpenLayers.tileCacheURL, {layers: 'IDZ10011,IDZ10005_poly,IDZ10005_line'},
{wrapDateLine: true});
	var overviewOptions = { layers: [overviewLayers], mapOptions: {
		projection: "EPSG:3349",
		maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(100.0, -40.0, 240.0, 30.0),    // Note
the 240.0 is extending over the dateline e.g. 60degW
		numZoomLevels: 2
	}};

I have hit a brick wall with these issues and i sincerely hope anybody has
any advice for either of these problems,
Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Matt