[OpenLayers-Users] OverviewMap over dateline; dateline gap problem

Matthew Doyle M.Doyle at bom.gov.au
Wed Mar 25 03:03:27 EDT 2009

Hi OL Users,

I'm still having grief with the below issue.

Through trial and error I have discovered that when using wrapDateLine:true as an option on your baseLayer, then one can't specify a maxExtent or a restrictedExtent because these values are part of a bounding box which goes across the dateline and seem to confuse OpenLayers by making the map jump. (I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong here)

But i still get huge gaps on the international dateline. Will TileCache be my only option to remove these gaps? Has anyone else come across the same issue?

Best regards,
Matt

Hello to all,

I am currently implementing a mapping solution for the Pacific Islands which extends over the dateline. At the moment i have run into two problems:

Firstly, I am having trouble getting the Overview map to behave like the baselayer does. When i pan the map past the dateline, the overview map jumps all the way over to the other side and does not wrap like the baselayer does.

I have searched through this mailing list for a solution to no avail and have tried brute force trial and error, but none seem to work thus far.

Secondly, I have a huge gap where the dateline is. I searched the user groups and found http://n2.nabble.com/Huge-dateline-gap-td1837631.html which suggests that a metaBuffer of "0,10" will fix these artifacts. Doest this mean that the only way around this is to use TileCache?

I am using "EPSG:3349" mercator projection.
I am loading my WMS baselayer using wrapDateLine : true
I am also attempting to load my OverviewMap layer with wrapDateLine : true.
with the code looking something like:

	var overviewLayers = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS('Overview', OpenLayers.tileCacheURL, {layers: 'IDZ10011,IDZ10005_poly,IDZ10005_line'}, {wrapDateLine: true});
	var overviewOptions = { layers: [overviewLayers], mapOptions: {
		projection: "EPSG:3349",
		maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(100.0, -40.0, 240.0, 30.0),    // Note the 240.0 is extending over the dateline e.g. 60degW
		numZoomLevels: 2
	}};

I have hit a brick wall with these issues and i sincerely hope anybody has any advice for either of these problems,
Many thanks in advance,
Best regards,
Matt