[OpenLayers-Users] this.callbacks is undefined error

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Mar 20 15:19:04 EDT 2009

bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> first of all, please don't cross-post to dev and users if it is not
> necessary.
>
> Maybe you can check out the following for pointers:
>
> http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/bartvde/wmsgetfeatureinfo/openlayers/lib/OpenLayers/Control/FeatureInfo.js

I think this has a bug in it that brings down IE7.

In the returnResponse() function of FeatureInfo.js I had to check for
IE7 returning an empty string object in response.responceXML, and set it
explicitly to null. Because if I didn't do that IE7 dies horribly when
the code gets into the read() function in WMSGetFeatureInfo.js at line
74-75.

Under the same conditions FireFox sets the response.responseXML to null
and has no problems.

- Bill Thoen