[OpenLayers-Users] How to Set Up Layer Visibility by Scale

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Mar 20 19:05:19 EDT 2009

Thanks... I never would have guessed that. Is the sense of "max" and
"min" backwards as well? In other words, does maxscale apply to the
largest denominator or the largest scale (1/denominator)? To put it more
explicitly, if I set maxscale to 100000 does that mean that the layer is
visible between 1:1 and 1:100,000 or that it is visible only at scales
smaller than 1:100,000?