[OpenLayers-Users] Classic GIS Info tool

jegou at univ-tlse2.fr jegou at univ-tlse2.fr
Mon Mar 23 10:25:56 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I'm using OpenLayers to build a geodata exploring map : several layers
of polygons and points, with attributes data.

To show those attributes to the visitor, i'd like to offer an Info
tool, the classic "I" icon tool on our desktop GIS.

I've tested the SelectFeature control, but it's only returning one
feature at a time.

I've seen the GetFeatureInfo control, but it's reserved to WFS
datasources (i may be wrong), and i'm using a KML source (generated
from PostGIS tables).

I've also seen the GetFeature control from the trunk version docs :
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Control/GetFeature-js.html

But i'm lost at testing it. Anyone has an example of it's use ?

Another solution could be generating the on click features list by
postgis, but it seems slow and counter-intuitive (the features are
already client side).

Thanks for any help,

Laurent Jégou
Dept. of Geography / Univ. Toulouse-2