[OpenLayers-Users] A question of control

Ted Scott ted.scott at concept-solutions.com
Wed Mar 25 11:59:35 EDT 2009

Hey, I'm new to OL and stood up a simple stack to gain familiarity
before diving into my projects whole hog. In addition to the normal
learning pains, I keep getting errors when attempting to create a new
map control. Specifically, I get "TypeError:
OpenLayers.Control.OverviewMap is not a constructor" when trying to
create an overview map control, but this isn't the only control this
will happen with. The exact same call works in the OL demo pages
included with GeoServer, so, this should work, but alas it does not.

I'm using the OL library that shipped with GeoServer 1.7.2 which I think
is OL 2.6

The other thing I noticed is that when I have firebug 1.3 enabled, it's
like the init() is never called from the body tag onload attribute.

So since I can't seem to be able to drive it with firebug, how do I go
about troubleshooting this?