[OpenLayers-Users] Box and single click with OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Thu Mar 26 09:03:28 EDT 2009

Hi,

  What you're seeking to do seems to be already possible.  I went an
played with that (1) example and could select on feature on click and
multiple with a box while having box:true.  In fact, when you click with
box:true, it draws a very small box that in the end selects only one
feature, as a click.

Regards,

Alexandre

(1) http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/select-feature.html

Bas Couwenberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> currently I am using the OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature for
> selecting features in a layer. I would like to single click on a
> feature for it to be selected but also the box to select multiple
> features. When I set box: false it is possible to select a feature by
> a single click but when I also want to use the box and set box: true,
> the only way to select a single feature is to draw a box within it if
> the layer contains polygons. Is it possbile to have it both ways so
> single clicking the polygon and drawing a box to select multiple?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Bas Couwenberg

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears