[OpenLayers-Users] Setting up a static map cache

Mark Glicksman glicks at voicenet.com
Thu Mar 26 11:46:32 EDT 2009

I have been trying to set up a static map cache with no success.  I would
like to generate the tiles using an AutoCAD script.  AutoCAD has a function
that allows it to print PNG files.   Generating the tiles has been no
problem.  The problem is getting them to display in OpenLayers.  I assume
that OpenLayers.Layer.TileCache is the thing to use, and I have looked at
http://www.nabble.com/Can-we-by-pass-TileCache...-to-the-tiles-as-static...-
what-getURL---tp13943736p13943919.html and
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/tilecache.html

Questions:
If OpenLayers is simply pulling from a pre-made disk cache, why do I need
Tilecache at all?
What should the Tilecache.cfg look like?
How do I confirm that OpenLayers is actually using the tilecache.cfg?
Are there any docs on how to format the directory and file names for
diskcache and GoogleDisk?
Do all the files for all the zoom levels need to be filled or can some
simply be left out?

Thanks,
Mark