[OpenLayers-Users] Why my map doesn't move fluidly?

Milan Antonovic milan.antonovic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 04:50:03 EDT 2009

Hi all,
When I finished developing my OL-based app. I noticed that my map (not more
than 3 WMS layers) while panning is not so fluid (like a gmap for example).
Instead in the OpenLayers example page, all the maps moves smoothly. I
noticed the problem also affect some application in the OL gallery.

So my question is, fluidity depends on the application complexity?
If so, where have I to put more attention during programming to avoid that
fluidity lack?
Are there some tricks I can use to emprove the map performance (like
deactivating mousePosition control on movestart and activate on moveend)?

best regards

  Milan