[OpenLayers-Users] Get point on line?

paweluz paweluz at o2.pl
Sat May 2 10:03:15 EDT 2009

Hi!

You can use this:

select astext(ST_LINE_SUBSTRING(
                    ST_LineMerge(the_geom),
                    0,  0.5)) from table

(the_geom is the line geometry) This returns the line geometry equals half
of the the_geom. If you have line geometry it returns half of it. Then you
can get the last point of that geometry I guess.

This:

ST_line_locate_point(st_linemerge(the_geom),GeometryFromText('POINT(0
4)',900913)))

This returns the value from 0 to 1 - how far is the point from the begining
of the geometry

I know this is not answer for you question fut you may look for similar
function :) I have been using those and it works great :)

Regards
Paul