[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers conflict with prototype/scriptacolous/jquery?

Simone Gadenz simone.gadenz at jrc.it
Wed May 6 05:44:43 EDT 2009

Hello everybody.

I have been using OL successfully for long time. I really appreciate a lot
this product for its flexibility and robustness.

I am not a JS programmer but I always managed to implement the desired
functionalities in my map...since yesterday at least...:-))

I tried to insert in one of my map a LightBox to manage the magnification of
some images. I used first the LightBox based on prototype and scriptacolous
and I experienced some conflicts with the Style class of OL.
I tried also a second product, called Slimbox and working on the JQury and
MooTools, but I experienced the same problem.

Has anybody used successfully a lightbox together with an OL map? Can
somebody give any advice or suggestions?

Thanks

Simone