[OpenLayers-Users] How to override createGeometry

Stéphane Poirier Stephane.Poirier at USherbrooke.CA
Tue May 12 16:13:12 EDT 2009

Hi All,

In order to prevent creating rectangle that are too small, I would like to
override createGeometry (that is, in my code, the function
OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon.prototype.createGeometry.apply(this,
arguments);)

How can I do this?

Here is my code:

 drawControls =
    {
        point: new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(rectangleLayer,
                   OpenLayers.Handler.Point, {featureAdded: point_feature_added,
                    handlerOptions: {createFeature: function() {
                            this.control.layer.destroyFeatures();

OpenLayers.Handler.Point.prototype.createFeature.apply(this, arguments);
                        }}}),
        rectangle: new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(rectangleLayer,
                   OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon, {featureAdded:
rectangle_feature_added,
                    handlerOptions: {sides: 4, irregular: true,'displayClass':
'olControlDrawFeatureRectangle',
                      createGeometry: function() {
                            this.control.layer.destroyFeatures();

OpenLayers.Handler.RegularPolygon.prototype.createGeometry.apply(this,
arguments);
                      }}})

Stéphane Poirier
Professionel de recherche au CARTEL
Centre d'Applications et de Recherches en Télédétection
Département de géomatique appliquée
Université de Sherbrooke
Sherbrooke (Québec), CANADA J1K 2R1
Tel.: (+1 819) 821 8000 #61904