[OpenLayers-Users] KML NetworkLink and auto-refresh

Andrew Smith laconical at gmail.com
Tue May 12 21:31:44 EDT 2009

Thanks Dan, I'll have to give this a try.

I notice that your timer is going off every 10 minutes...how much data are
you loading from the KML file?  Is there much in the way of a noticeable
flicker when you reload the layer (i.e. does all of the data completely
disappear for a few seconds while the KML file is parsed and reloaded)?

I'd be looking to reload a layer containing between 20-100 text objects
every 5 seconds or so and I'm not sure what the performance will be like
under those conditions.

Cheers,

Andrew