[OpenLayers-Users] Mixing Projections and using Google/WMS/WFS

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed May 13 07:25:14 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:10:25AM +0200, Dipl. Inf. Carsten Eider wrote:
> Hi list,
>  searching this list i have found several hints but no real solution to
> my projection problem.
> Even walking through the examples or docs did not enlighten me!
> I uses OL2.7 and OL 2.8RC2
>
> My problem is:
>
>     * I have a map with wms and wfs/gml-layers using epsg:31467 working
>       fine.
>     * Now i want to use Google as my baselayer, assuming epsg:4326 as
>       the projection

You can't do that. If you want WFS/GML layers, you have to use
EPSG:900913.

> Question:
> How do i setup
>
>     * my map using epsg.4326 as the main projection
>     * any wms-layer to uses epsg.31467 as srs in the request and being
>       automatically transformed

It wouldn't use that SRS in the request. It would use EPSG:4326 in the
request. Most WMS servers will reproject automatically.

>     * any wfs-layer tu use epsg:31467 for requesting the date and being
>       automatically transformed

  'projection 31467' (pseudo-)option on the layer

> I managed to setup a map
> (https://tomcat1.agroconnect.fh-bingen.de/geoEditor3/googletest.html)
>
>     * using epsg:4236 for map and wms
>     * using epsg:31467 for wfs and repojection, but there was a visible
>       offset depending on the level of zoom

Yes, this is probably
http://faq.openlayers.org/vector-related-questions/why-dont-my-vector-features-work-over-google-yahoo-virtual-earth-etc/
.

> Any hints or working examples are appreciated.
>
> Carsten
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours faithfully
> Carsten Eider
>
> Dipl. Inf. (FH)
>
> Kompetenzzentrum für Innovative Informationssysteme
>
> c/o Fachhochschhule Bingen / University of applied sciences Bingen
>
> Berlinstraße 109
> 55411 Bingen
>
> Tel: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-179
> Fax: +49 (0) 6721 / 409-158
> email: eider at fh-bingen.de
> Internet: iis.fh-bingen.de
>

> begin:vcard
> fn:Carsten Eider
> n:Eider;Carsten
> org:Fachhochschule Bingen;Kompetenzzentrum innovative Informationssysteme
> adr;quoted-printable:;;berlinstra=C3=9Fe 109;Bingen;RLP;55411;Deutschland
> email;internet:eider at fh-bingen.de
> title:Dipl.-Inf.
> tel;work:067214090179
> x-mozilla-html:TRUE