[OpenLayers-Users] OpenAerialMap

Yves Moisan yves.moisan at boreal-is.com
Fri May 15 10:05:08 EDT 2009

Hi All,

Maybe this is not the right mailing list to ask, but since I saw a post
about the state of OAM a while back on this list I'll post here (please
redirect me to a better place to post if there is one).

We are looking at the possibility of offering OSM data to some
customers.  However, AFAIK there are no equivalent of Google Satellite
(and Hybrid) in the world of OSM, so I went looking for OAM.  I found
two sites :

http://www.openaerialmap.org/map/ (http://www.openaerialmap.org/ fails
with an error) and http://openaerialmap.hypercube.telascience.org/map
with the spectacular example of Fort Collins :
http://openaerialmap.hypercube.telascience.org/map/?lat=40.58272&lon=-105.10451&zoom=17&layers=BF

www.openaerialmap has a tendency to show up pink tiles but the other
site seems more stable.

The question is : where should I point someone who'd like to view OSM
data together with some imagery and in particular what is the
status/direction of OAM ?  I wish all cities did like Fort Collins ...

Cheers,

Yves