[OpenLayers-Users] problem loading GML

Roald de Wit roald.dewit at lisasoft.com
Sat May 16 22:42:38 EDT 2009

Hi Nicholas,

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall wrote:
> I'm trying to load a GML file as an overlay. My localhost
> implementation does not produce an error, but will not show the GML
> points. The live version on angeloelmi.com <http://angeloelmi.com>
> gives me a pop-up error, which says that the GML file can't be loaded.
>
> I produced the GML file from a SHP file in UTM zone 32 N, I didn't do
> anything to reproject it.
>
> 1) why don't my points show up (is it styling?)? is it projection issues?
> 2) why don't I get the error in my localhost implementation?
Did you try to load the KML file directly in the browser as well?
http://angeloelmi.com/kml/sites.kml
You'll get a 404 error. If your web server can't find it, how can anyone
find it? ;-)

However, http://angeloelmi.com/kml/ does give a directory listing. It
seems that you have a permission issue: IIS is not allowed to read the
files in the /kml directory (yes, it is allowed to list them but not
read them).

Once you have solved this issue, it will be easier for others to see
what causes 1).

Regards, Roald