[OpenLayers-Users] rootContainer and selectFeature on many layers

Kris Geusebroek kgeusebroek at xebia.com
Tue May 19 16:26:10 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using the selectfeature with multiple vectorlayers with wfs protocol
successfully.
Here's my code:

    var hoverOptions = {
        multiple: false, hover: true,
        toggleKey: "ctrlKey", // ctrl key removes from selection
        multipleKey: "shiftKey", // shift key adds to selection
		overFeature: function(feature) {
			if (this.hover &&
(OpenLayers.Util.indexOf(feature.layer.selectedFeatures, feature) ==
-1)) {
				var position =
feature.geometry.getBounds().getCenterLonLat();
				if (this.handlers &&
this.handlers.feature && this.handlers.feature.evt &&
this.handlers.feature.evt.xy) {
					position =
this.handlers.feature.evt.xy;
				}
                showDescription(feature, position, true);
			}
        },
		outFeature: function(feature) {
			if (this.hover) {
				hideDescription(feature, true);
    };
    var descOnHover = new
OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature([wfsPunten,wfsLijnen,wfsGebieden],
hoverOptions);

	map.addControl(descOnHover);

the showDescription function creates a popup to show some attributes of
the feature to the user

Hope this is of use for u (btw I'm using latests version from trunk)

Cheers Kris