[OpenLayers-Users] using Prototype's element.toggle w/ OpenLayers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri May 22 11:04:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 08:55:58AM -0600, John Cartwright wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm using OL 2.7 and expected to be able to use Prototype's facilities
> like element.toggle w/o having to explicitly load prototype.js, e.g.:

OpenLayers is not based on prototype, and does not include prototpe
functions like this. (Some core parts of OpenLayers were, at one point,
based on prototype, but all semblance of being able eto use prototype
with OL is essentially dead.)

You'll need to load Prototype.js yourself.

Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta