[OpenLayers-Users] Saving with a Google Maps base layer

Gregor at HostGIS gregor at hostgis.com
Wed May 27 20:51:57 EDT 2009

Tom B wrote:
> Has anyone had a chance to try this out?  Gregor, any luck with getting R&D
> funding, by any chance?  If not, I might go ahead and take a crack at it,
> since it is something our map will eventually need.

The customer wasn't up for it when I presented it to him, so I have
nothing to show on this. Sorry.

The way I figure to render it, would be:

Take image width, divide by 640 rounding up.
Take image height, divide by 640 rounding up.
foreach w in width:
   foreach h in height:
     figure up center latlng (320,320) based on bbox and pixel position
     figure URL
     fetch image
     blit it onto the canvas

I have existing code in the Wiki ("Printing" page) for doing this in
PHP, using URLs that are provided by the client. That at least shows the
blitting and alpha code.

--
HostGIS, Open Source solutions for the global GIS community
Greg Allensworth - SysAdmin, Programmer, GIS Person, Security