[OpenLayers-Users] Editable drawing panel draws not at tip of cursor

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri May 29 06:43:59 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 03:03:44PM +1000, Peter Dawn wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> am working on a openlayer geoserver map application.
>
> now when i place the editable layer on my map, the drawing toolbar
> shows up fine. but when i put a dot on the map, the dot is away from
> my cursor. as i go north towards the border of the map, the dot gets
> closer to my cursor. same with the rest of the drawing tools. anyone
> know whats wrong here.

Huh. I would expect the opposite, unless you're editing in the Southern
Hemisphere. I'm assuming youre using Google Maps, and not spherical
mercator, and running into:
  http://faq.openlayers.org/vector-related-questions/why-dont-my-vector-features-work-over-google-yahoo-virtual-earth-etc/

But... maybe not. You'll need to provide more information:

  http://docs.openlayers.org/help/minimize.html

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta