[OpenLayers-Users] Query problem

Aypes2 apestgas2 at yahoo.com.hk
Thu Nov 19 20:23:37 EST 2009

Arnd Wippermann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> "I got your second approach idea. But is that using WMSfeaturegetinfo or
> my
> method? And it sounds like giving all queryable layers' information within
> one window only, right?"
>
> It use your method and it will only open one window. But if there is no
> result for all queried layers, the window open nevertheless. If you want
> control the response from your request, you have to use an ajax call. Then
> you get back the response as text and if it's not empty, you show the
> response in a window.
>
> Arnd

Dear Arnd,

Thank you for your answer. I have solved the problem by using some loops and
arrays to store the visible layers. Then in the url "&QUERY_LAYERS=" part, I
have put array[0] + com[1] + array[1] + com[2]..... , which array[i] are
layer names and com[i] is comma. If array[i+1] is not null, com[i+1] is ","
; Else it would also be null. No loop for window.open part so 1 window will
come out only when querying.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Aypes2