[OpenLayers-Users] WFS + Text (Text_Symbolizer)

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 07:44:13 EST 2009

Ivan Grcic-2 wrote:

> It's pretty simple, from the example:
>
> label : "name: ${name}, age: ${age}",
>
> where  ${name} -> feature.attributes.name and ${age} ->
> feature.attributes.age
>
> So labels are attribute values, which you get from your geoserver that
> gets it from database ;)

Hi,
thanks for your answer. But can you tell me how to implement the code in my
app. I only need the name, so my code looks like this at the moment.

var saveStrategy = new OpenLayers.Strategy.Save(options);
    var my_layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("layer", {
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed({
            preload: false
        }), saveStrategy],
        //filter: my_filter,
       // styleMap: oStyleMap,
        styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap({ 'default': {
            strokeColor: "#00FF00",
            strokeOpacity: 1,
            strokeWidth: 3,
            fillColor: "#FF5500",
            fillOpacity: 0.5,
            pointRadius: 6,
            pointerEvents: "visiblePainted",
            label: feature.attributes.NAME,
            fontColor: "black",
            fontSize: "12px",
            fontFamily: "Courier New, monospace",
            fontWeight: "bold",
            labelAlign: "cm",
            labelXOffset: "25",
            labelYOffset: "0"
        }}),

        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
        url: "http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wfs",
        featureType: "MY_LAYER",
            featurePrefix: 'topp',
            featureNS: "http://www.openplans.org/topp",
            maxFeatures: 1500,
            defaultFilter: my_filter
        })
    });

But when I start my app I get an error --> feature is undefined.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
stash