[OpenLayers-Users] Drawing WFS (with vector)

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Sat Nov 28 08:22:26 EST 2009

On Friday, November 27, 2009, JuKiM <rifins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
> I suppose for what I'm reading that "the best practices" way to draw a WFS layer, is using the Vector Layer defining a WFS protocol..
> My question is about that... How is drawn a WFS Layer or a WFS Vector? I mean, with WMS, the client gets images and no more processing is needed.. But how (where?) Openlayer.js read/parse the gml information that serves WFS?

The vector layer is configured with a WFS protocol, which is
configured with a WFS format, which relies on a GML format for parsing
geometries received in GetFeature responses. Features resulting from
parsing GetFeature responses are added to the vector layer, and then
rendered in the page using SVG, VML or Canvas.

> If I want to draw some points programatically, what is the best way?

Just create OpenLayers.Feature.Vector objects and add them to an
OpenLayers.Layer.Vector layer. I'd recommend searching the OpenLayers
examples.

Cheers,

--
Eric Lemoine