[OpenLayers-Users] Is there a way to disable/enable controls?

cgp carina_palanca at forcorp.com
Fri Oct 2 18:20:47 EDT 2009

We can activate/deactivate them, but I need something to disable/enable a
control depending on certain conditions.

For example, I have a few WFS layers that I would like to edit:
Cities - handles points only
Road - handles lines only
Water bodies - handles polygons only

I have the editing toolbar that allows drawing of point, line and polygon
features. I made it so that I can only edit one layer at a time. So if
"Cities" is visible, then the drawPointFeature is "enabled" (but not
active), otherwise the drawPointFeature would be "disabled". Same thing goes
with the "Road" layer and the "Water bodies" layer.