[OpenLayers-Users] Looking for a progress bar or loading... (image) that works in both IE and Firefox - while loading the map

manel.clos at ajgirona.cat manel.clos at ajgirona.cat
Tue Oct 6 08:27:08 EDT 2009

Hi Jim,

I'm using LoadingPanel in IE and it works ok. I haven't tested with IE6 though.

The only problem is that the DIV that covers all the map will cause some issues:
- clicks / mousewheel events will be lost when it is showing. See previous references here:
http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2009-September/013764.html

If you try to workaround the mouse issue as described in the previous thread, the problem is that while LoadingPanel is showing if you try clicking the close button of a popup, the click will end in the map, not in the close button.

So I ended adopting the solution of moving the div containing the image to the top right corner, which works perfect. See post here:
http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2008-December/009509.html

You could also try making the div fit the image size and position it using javascript instead of CSS.

I also thought deriving from OpenLayers.Layer, but it does not look like a good solution. So perhaps this should be implemented as a special case in OL. In the meantime it will be good to change LoadingPanel and explain current issues.

--
Manel Clos