[OpenLayers-Users] Control access to WMS

Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca Steve.Toutant at inspq.qc.ca
Tue Oct 13 10:56:26 EDT 2009

Hi,
I don't know where I should post this thread since it implies mapServer
and OpenLayers.
I defined a WMS Raster layer that I use in my OpenLayers/GeoExt apps,

I would like to control the access to this WMS, so people can use it via
my application, but can not "call" the WMS to use it in their client
application. The reason is there is a "context" that comes with this WMS.
Without it the data can be misinterpreted.

Maybe the solution is not using a WMS, but can OpenLayers open native
raster data?
Any ideas on how I can realize that?

thanks
Steve