[OpenLayers-Users] Control access to WMS

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Tue Oct 13 14:56:15 EDT 2009

Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> If you care about people 'stumbling in', this would be sufficient. If you
> actually want to ensure people can't use the data outside of your app,
> it's not.

[...]
> Yeah, something like that is what I would probably do if I wanted something
> taht was obscurity and not security. :)

I agree (and I never used the word security). But this may be sufficient
in some simple cases.  :)

And for a more complete Access Control solution, everyone is invited to
a presentation of the new GeoPrisma project in a conference near you:

FOSS4G 2009 (Sydney, 2009-10-23):
   http://2009.foss4g.org/presentations/#presentation_146

Géomatique 2009 (Montréal, 2009-10-21):
   http://www.geomatique2009.com/en/papers/program