[OpenLayers-Users] Featureserver + Openlayers

Eric Lemoine eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
Wed Oct 14 12:20:49 EDT 2009

On Wednesday, October 14, 2009, goliah <bianchimro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Eric,
>
> I find mapfish very interesting and I think I'll switch soon to it (being an
> openlayers user and knowing some bits of Pylons).
> What scares me a bit is that (as long as I understood from a quick look in
> the wiki) setting up a WFS is not as easy as writing a config file for
> feature server, but obviusly you must pay something in order to gain some
> flexibility.

MapFish web services aren't WFS web services. MapFish web services
expose HTTP APIs based on GET (read features), POST (create features),
PUT (update a feature) and DELETE (delete a feature). Now, as the
application developer, you're free to implement WFS web services
within your MapFish application if that's what you want, but using
FeatureServer or GeoServer would prove lot easier. I'm happy to
discuss this on the mapfish mailing list...

Cheers,

--
Eric Lemoine

Camptocamp France SAS